To provide the children of Great Bradfords the opportunity to learn about responsibilities to the school community, children in Year 6 have a number of Monitor duties they can carry out to assist in the sooth running of daily life at school. These duties include:
- Year 6 Monitor - delivering registers at the beginning and mid-point of the day and carrying out tasks for teachers during lunchtimes
- Lunch Register Monitor - taking a register to ensure all children have eaten their school meal
- Salad Bar Monitor - serving fresh salad and fruit to the children and staff
- Library Monitor - tidying and organising the library
- Play Monitor - helping with equipment set up, play organisation and games
As a thank you for all of their hard work, children can earn points which they collect towards certificates. When they reach the Gold certificate, they are invited, as a treat, to an afternoon picnic at the end of the school year.
Children are also able to earn points through being a Helping Hand Monitor. These children not only support our junior school during lunchtime but also assist at the adjacent infant school.